Monday, June 15, 2009






Day 1 Sunday, June 7th San Francisco CA to Vellijo CA 73 miles

Crazy day going through the city of SF and to the ocean to dip our rear wheels in the Pacific Ocean get a group picture then ride over the Golden Gate Bridge. The scenery was spectacular!
The first climb was a 10-12% 1 mile climb. I thought I was doomed for the rest of the journey, however the steepest of the climbs got less from there. I was up of my seat the entire climb. Wake up Florida Boy you are in the mountains. The rest of the ride was fine as I got to learn about the different abilities of the riders and alot about proper gearing for tours like this. The bike mechanic thinks I'll be OK, however I will have to work harder than most going up those hills.

1 comment:

  1. Great picture in the water...looking pretty buff!!! I would love to do this. Think it is alittle far for me. Might want to start with a 100 mile bike run for the matter a 10!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete