Sunday, June 14, 2009



Day 6 Friday, June 12th Sparkes NV to Lovelock NV 91 miles

Today the weather was great for our first long ride. Finally a pretty flat stretch compared to the mountains we had been climbing. The Florida boy came out in me as I picked up my speed as I rolled through the valley of Nevada enjoying the low mountains on each side of me. We rode highway 80 for most of the way which is a pretty busy fast moving interstate with semi trucks passing by at 70+. However; we had a pretty good size shoulder to ride on which was smooth and not to much debris.


The town of Lovelock is pretty small and the hotel gets a 1 star rating out of 5. We ate dinner at the Cowpoke Cafe. A great family style served meal with a hearty welcome and the best bread pudding I ever had. Breakfast was there as well and the muffins were out of this world.




No comments:

Post a Comment