Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 23, Monday, June 29th, Lamar CO to Garden City KS 104 miles

Today the skies were sunny and the temperature started in the low 60s to low 90s by the afternoon. My uncle Bob told me he did a century ride and held a 20 mph average. That is quit an accomplishment and became my goal today. After loading, I spent a little extra time in my room doing my business and when I came out of the hotel everybody was gone. This gave me another incentive to go after my goal, last to first. Not possible because Tom Dull (left) otherwise known as the Lance Armstrong of the trip, has been the first one to the hotel every day.
By the 2nd sag I caught up to Tom. We left the sag together and for the first time I reached the hotel first. I traveled the first 100 miles in 4:34 traveling at an average speed of 22.






We have finally left Colorado and have entered Kansas. Not that I wanted to leave CO, it is a beautiful state. I will miss the scenery. Kansas is hot, flat, and the oder from the cow feed lots is enough to make you pedal faster.

One of these pictures is from East Colorado the other from Kansas, not much different. There will not be to many scenic pictures, however; tomorrow will be a good picture day as we enter Dodge City and will catch all the cowboy shows.



Had dinner at the Golden Corral again and now it is time to get ready for an easy 51 mile ride to Dodge City and lots of fun. My butt needs a little rest after 225 mile in 2 days.




















































No comments:

Post a Comment