Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 31 / Tuesday, July 7th / St Joseph, MO to Chillicothe, MO / 89 miles


Today was a beautiful day. Sunny skies nice country roads and a lot of fun rolling hills. Started riding with my usual group of Bob, Chris and Leigh, then Chris and I took off to see if we could catch the front of the pack that had a 3 mile lead on us. Caught most of them but Sean from UK and Jack from FL where no were to be found. After the second sag Chris and I decided to tone it down since tomorrows ride is going to have a lot more steeper climbs. Temperature's were in the 90s and when I finished the ride I had salt sweat all over my pants and arms.

On the right is the Field of Dreams. Looks just like the field and house in the movie. I went searching in the corn fields for Honus Wagner and Ty Cobb but couldn't find a soul.


You don't see to many signs like this in Florida. This is what we saw when we went through Jamestown, an Amish community.


The man on the right was heading down to the local auction. It was kind of neat to see all the horse and carriages parked out in front of the auction.






I will say, however; that the roads going through Jamestown where kind of "crappy", if you know what I mean.



I thought for a moment I was in the great state of Montana where my wife and her parents were born. I didn't know they had buffalo in Missouri.
The hotel we stayed in (Drury Inn) in St Josephs had complimentary drinks, peanuts and chips at night and the soda machine was open round the clock. Good full breakfast as well.
Tonight we eat at the Golden Coral again. Looking forward to fueling up for tomorrows 83 mile ride to Kirksville, MO.








No comments:

Post a Comment